St. Thomas More | Durham, NH

I love New Hampshire, it's such a naturally beautiful place filled with lots of genuine kindness.  I always like to think this is one of the few places that doesnt change much, only the trees get taller.

On a summer Sunday, I went back to my home parish, St Thomas More in Durham, NH.  Right after I snapped a few photos, a woman approached me and asked if I were new ... new yes, to this renovated church.  Though I havent been back in nine years, the familiarity and comfort level  remained.  Mass was wonderful as always, ironically celebrated with a visiting missionary priest who was originally from New York City.  The choir consisted of 1 piano and 3 electric guitars were still made of some of the same members from a decade ago.

Perhaps if I snap photos a decade later, only the shrubbery will grow taller!



1 comments:

  1. Ahhhh yes. I know this church real well. I do. See this is the church where three priests, Father Joseph Desmond, Paul McHugh and Leon Gaulin spent the night gang raping me, even on that altar in your pictures. Of course? They also called me a liar. But I am not the one lying, they are.

    ReplyDelete